Health Topics beginning with "B"
- Baby care - Nappy rash, Oral thrush, Wind, Constipation, Crying, Colic, Teething.
- Back Pain, Low - Pain in the lower back usually caused by muscle strain.
- Balanitis - Inflammation of the glans of the penis and sometimes the foreskin as well.
- Baldness, Pattern - Gradual, painless hair loss that occurs in a distinctive pattern as a person ages.
- Barotitis Media - Damage to the middle ear caused by pressure changes.
- Basal cell carcinoma - is the commonest type of skin cancer.
- Bedwetting - Involuntary urination during sleep that occurs more often than once a month in girls over 5 and in boys over 6 years of age.
- Before and after an operation - Surgical procedures and operations have become so commonplace that it is easy to forget that even relatively minor operations can be a major event in a person's life.
- Bell's Palsy - A paralysis or weakness on one side of the face.
- Bipolar Disorder - A disorder that is characterized by extreme mood swings, and the relationship between the moods and what is actually happening in the person's life is not direct.
- Bladder Infection, Female - Inflammation or infection of the urinary bladder.
- Bladder Infection, Male - Inflammation or infection of the urinary bladder in men.
- Bladder or urethra injury - Damage to the urinary bladder or the urethra.
- Bladder tumor - Abnormal tissue growth in the bladder in which cell multiplication is uncontrolled.
- Blastomycosis - An infectious, fungus disease that starts in the lungs.
- Bleeding in pregnancy - Vaginal bleeding in early pregnancy is a very common symptom.
- Blepharitis - Inflammation of the eyelid edges.
- Blood poisoning - Bacterial infection in the blood that invade the entire body via the bloodstream.
- Blood-Transfusion Reaction - Symptoms triggered by a blood transfusion.
- Boils - A painful, deep, bacterial infection of a hair follicle. Boils are common and somewhat contagious.
- Bone fracture - a break in a bone usually caused by a fall.
- Borderline Personality Disorders - instability in a variety of areas, including interpersonal behavior, mood, and self-image.
- Botulism - a serious, non-contagious form of food poisoning.
- Bowel cancer - is the name given to cancer affecting either the colon or the rectum.
- Brain abscess - a collection of pus caused by a bacterial infection in the brain.
- Brain tumor - an abnormal growth in the brain that may be benign or malignant.
- Breast abscess - An infected area of breast tissue that becomes filled with pus when the body fights the infection.
- Breast and bottle feeding - For both mother and baby, breast-feeding has many advantages over bottle.
- Breast awareness - Does a breast lump necessarily mean cancer is present?
- Breast cancer - A malignant growth of breast tissue.
- Bronchiectasis - A lung disease in which the bronchial tubes become chronically blocked and accumulate thick secretions.
- Bronchiolitis - Inflammation of the bronchioles, the smallest branches of the respiratory tree.
- Bronchitis, Acute - Inflammation of the air passages of the lungs.
- Bronchitis, Chronic - Chronic inflammation and degeneration of the bronchial tubes, with or without active infection.
- Brucellosis - a rare, bacterial infection transmitted to humans from infected cows, pigs, sheep or goats.
- Buerger's disease - Blockage of small and medium arteries usually in the legs and feet from inflammation of blood vessels.
- Bulimia - A psychological eating disorder characterized by abnormal perception of body image, constant craving for food and binge eating, followed by self-induced vomiting or laxative use.
- Bunion - A bony protrusion from the outside edge of the joint at the base of the big toe.
- Burns - Injury to the skin, and sometimes other organs, from contact with heat, radiation, electricity or chemicals.
- Bursitis - Inflammation of bursa, a soft fluid-filled sac that serves as a cushion between tendons and bones.
Drugs listed by generic starting with B
- Baclofen - a skeletal muscle relaxant used to relieve muscle spasm, especially when due to trauma or disease of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis, meningitis, or cerebral palsy.
- Bupropion - is an atypical antidepressant and smoking cessation aid.
© Medtips.org All rights reserved. Registration is not required to view the information on the site.